In addition to leading our upcoming “Natural History of Lake Temescal” walk on December 15, Ron Felzer, instructor extraordinaire at Merritt College, has another one of his fantastic classes coming up! Learn all about the natural history of the Redwood national and state parks of Northern California, from geologic history to current conservation efforts focused on the Coast Redwood (Sequoia sempervirens). Instructions for how to sign up for the class are on the flyer.
Please DonateWild Oakland is all-volunteer-run and we depend upon your donations to offer our programs. Thank you!
- A very special announcement… Wild Oakland is joining forces with the California Center for Natural History! October 31, 2015
- Franciscan Geologic Formation at Knowland Park October 18, 2015
- An Afternoon with Worms, Snails and Sea Squirts October 18, 2015
- Land Action: Creating 100 Microfarms in 5 years October 1, 2015
- Marine Biology of the Oakland Estuary September 19, 2015
- The ecological price of overgrazing September 17, 2015
- Urban Wildlife 101 August 28, 2015
- Oakland Geology with Andrew Alden at Shepherd Canyon August 2, 2015